Philidas Mark V self-locking nuts are a proven, economical method of ensuring reliable assembly, even under extremes of movement, stress or vibration.
The integral collar section above the hexagon is accurately deformed in two places to effect both radial and axial depitching of the top threads. This design provides flexibility within the locking element.
On assembly, the bolt threads are fully gripped by the axial depitching of the nut threads, whilst the radial deflection effectively controls the application torque.
The locking elements are effective only on the top two or three threads, providing simple assembly with either hand or power tools.
Philidas Mark V nuts are reliable and reusable.
All threads are fully load bearing and close control of the combined locking element allows for normal variations in screw thread tolerance.
The all-metal nut is not affected by temperature variations or by liquids and vapours.
Metric nuts are supplied with zinc and chromate passivation finish whilst zinc is standard for other threads.
Special grades of material, finish and design are available subject to minimum manufacturing quantities.
- All Metal Deformed Type
- Cold Formed and Bar Turned
- Sizes from M4 to M36 (Bulk Production Method)
- Sizes above M36 (Batch Production Method)
- Thin Heights available in Imperial Sizes
- Metric, UNF, UNC, BSF, BSW and BA Threads
- Metric Grades 8, 10 and 12
- Imperial Grades 1, 3 and 5
- Lower Cost Alternative to the Bent Beam Types
- Available in Numerous Finishes