The Phyloc nylon insert nut is one of the comprehensive range of Philidas self-locking nuts proved by industry to be a reliable and economical method of fastening.
An integral skirt above the hexagon of the nut is accurately formed to enclose and secure a nylon ring. When the nut is run onto a bolt the nylon ring is forced to adopt the same profile as the bolt threads. This serves to grip the bolt and the consequent close contact between the working faces of nut and bolt creates friction which is maintained along the length of the threads.
The Phyloc nut is suitable for all conditions except high temperature and exposure to certain liquids and vapours where Mark V, lndustrial or Turret types are recommended.
lt is easily assembled with hand or powertools. Locks effectively to a face or unsupported and can be used as a seal against escape of liquid.
Metric nuts are supplied with zinc and chromate passivation surface finish as standard whilst zinc is standard for other threads.
Special grades of material, finish and design are available subject to minimum manufacturing quantities.
- Nylon Inserted Type
- Cold Formed and Bar Turned
- Sizes from M5 to M36 (Bulk Production Method)
- Sizes above M36 (Batch Production Method)
- Standard and Thin Heights Available
- Metric, UNF, UNC, BSF, BSW and BA Threads
- Metric Grades 8, 10 and 12
- Imperial Grades 1, 3 and 5
- Higher Temperature Nylon Available
- Available in Numerous Finishes